Saturday, September 11, 2010

DOUBLE POST!!! "VAMPYROS LESBOS" and SOLEDAD MIRANDA








When I was a teenager I would record tape after tape of my favorite DJs playing their whole sets either on Kspc or Kucr. One night in particular, one of them was playing all funk and break beats. Mostly instrumentals.
I remember this night clearly.
1998. It was a cold autumn night in my lil apartment in San Berdo. Luz had just left so I sparked a bowl and was ready for bed. (Last days of high school) The jams were getting down on my radio so I popped a tape and pressed record. One after another the songs kept getting better and better. This DJ was a beast that night. A little under an hour into the set and I flip the tape over and start recording again. At this time the song that I have posted under these words started to play. By the time the song was coming to an end I was up out of my bed jumping up and down on the floor in utter hilarity and disbelief that that song had just played! And I recorded it! It was mine!!!
Unfortunately the tape stopped recording before the DJ gave out the songs name and artist.
Forward to 2007.
I'm in my lil apartment in Rialto on a cold windy autumn. On the couch watching a hot weird foreign flick called Vampyros Lesbos on IFC on a late Saturday night /early Sunday morning. When all of a sudden the same song I listened to and recorded that one night back in the day was playing on my t.v.!
Rejoice!!!
I typed "Vampyros Lesbos Soundtrack" on google and found it on amazon. Bought it for like 5 bucks and it came in the mail next week.

Mystery solved.

About a year ago I was watching it again with a homegirl of mine and noticed that she looked just like the lead actress. Interested, I start looking into this very beautiful actress. You know... try to find out what else she's been in. I find out that she basically died the same year this film was released!

Love.






SHE'S DEAD!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey if your friend really looks like Soledad I'd love to feature her on SoledadMiranda.com, I am making a lookalikes section.

    ReplyDelete

spill yer guts